Terms & Policies
Here you'll find the RipeMetrics terms and policies
Last updated on May 24, 2023
RipeMetrics values your privacy, and taking proper care of your information is a top priority for us. Our goal is to help you understand what information we collect (also known as “User Data”) and describe how we use that information to better serve all interested parties, and the choices you have about the way your information is collected and used. For California residents, special rules apply as described below.
What information do we collect?
- Information You Provide To Us. RipeMetrics strives to provide our visitors with information relevant to their particular desires, needs and/or interests. The information we gather helps us better serve our purpose. We may ask you to provide us with demographic information, information regarding your interests or other PII. Providing us with PII about yourself is voluntary, and you can always refrain from providing certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in some of the Site’s features. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information. RipeMetrics actively and passively gathers, analyzes and/or stores a range of PII and other information.
- Registration Information. We collect PII from you when you register on our Site to use or receive our services or offers, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or respond to a survey. When ordering or registering on our Site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information.
- Demographic Information. We also collect demographic information from you when you register, when you take our surveys, and throughout your use of the RipeMetrics Platform. This information on its own cannot be used to specifically identify you, but we may use it to learn more about our users and their habits and preferences. Demographic information may include your age, gender, location, how you heard about RipeMetrics, spending habits, and other preferences or habits.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may collect information from you that helps us provide a satisfying experience, and answer any questions you have while using RipeMetrics. For example, when you communicate with a member of our Customer Success team, we may ask you for your name, email address, phone number, or proof of charge to identify your account, confirm your identity, or otherwise assist with your issue. If you send us an email, we will collect the contents of that email, and any other information you choose to provide. If you communicate with us via live chat, that correspondence will be archived. If you communicate with us via social media, we collect that communication, and associate that information with your user account. Customer Success communications over the phone may be recorded for quality control purposes, and may be summarized within our customer support systems.
- Payment Information. Credit card and payment information may be collected in connection with any transaction facilitated by RipeMetrics. Payments may be made directly to RipeMetrics. In all cases, while we may retain a limited amount of payment information for identification and convenience – to keep your financial data secure – we do not store full payment or financial information on our servers. Unless otherwise noted, payment information flows through a third-party vendor who processes the payments for retailers and RipeMetrics.
- Voluntary User Surveys. From time to time, we may invite you to fill out voluntary user surveys to provide feedback on various topics which may include: your experiences with RipeMetrics and/or our partners, clients and retailers, available products, new services, your preferences related to products, and your sentiments on public policy or other topics.
Information We Collect When You Use RipeMetrics
- Location Information. We collect your location information and we may use geolocation-based services in order to verify your location. For instance, knowing your location may be necessary to allow you full access to our mobile apps or certain aspects of the RipeMetrics Platform. Location information helps us send you relevant content based on your location, and optimize or improve our products and services. Location data may also be collected as demographic information.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use RipeMetrics and to help us improve our services and products, we automatically collect information about your interactions with the RipeMetrics Platform. When your computer or mobile device contacts our web servers (for example, when you visit this Site, or view an HTML email, SMS message or survey), our web servers automatically collect usage information. Such usage information includes information about how our visitors use and navigate our Site. It can include the number and frequency of visitors to each web page and the length of their stays, browser type, location, device type, referrer data that identifies the web page visited prior and subsequent to visiting our Site, and IP addresses (see below for more information on IP addresses). We also may determine the applicable technology available in order to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page, email, advertising or promotional announcement or similar service. This information is used to analyze and improve the RipeMetrics Platform and to provide you with a more fulfilling and relevant experience.
- Device Information and IP Addresses. RipeMetrics collects information about the devices you use to access the RipeMetrics Platform. Our servers receive and store information about your web browser, mobile operating system, phone carrier and manufacturer, unique identifiers such as advertising ID, VIN, MAC address, and IDFA, and other related software or hardware information related to your devices including IP Address. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer, device or network when you are linked to the Internet. When you request pages from the RipeMetrics Platform, our servers log your IP address. We may use IP address for a number of purposes, such as system administration, to report aggregate information to our business partners or to audit the use of the Site. We may associate your IP address with the PII you provide. We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to provide product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
- Purchasing Information. We work with third-party point-of-sale software partners who facilitate purchases, including orders between you and retailers. We collect information about such purchases, including the vendors, brands, products, product quantities, product descriptions, date and time of the purchase, discounts applied, purchase list, purchase total, and consumer PII including name, mobile number, email, mailing address, recreational or medical identifier, gender, and birth date.
- Call and Text Information. We work with third-party partners to facilitate phone calls and text messages, including communications between retailers and consumers. We collect information about such communications, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages.
- User Feedback. We want to make sure you have a consistently positive experience with the RipeMetrics Platform, and we are always looking to improve our products and services. Accordingly, we collect and retain information about the RipeMetrics Platform, as well as any ratings, reviews, and feedback you provide about our service, our clients, our licensed retail partners, and their employees.
- Information Collected from Third-Party Partners. We may collect information about you directly from our third-party partners, services, or tools if your use of their services led to or related to your use of RipeMetrics. We may also utilize such third-party services as a means of collecting information from you as described above. The information we collect from our partners will be treated in the same manner as the information we collect from you.
How we use the information we collect
- Provide the RipeMetrics Platform to you.
- Personalize your experience. Your information helps us better respond to your individual needs. We present the responses from your customers as well as personal data you provide us when you access our service.
- Support our Third-Party Partners with information necessary for them to maintain their records in accordance with their normal business practices and applicable law.
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- Comply with applicable federal and state laws.
- Analyze and assess current and potential user markets.
- Improve, optimize, and create new products and services.
- Improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- Evaluate retailer, brand, and other third-party partnerships.
- Improve customer service, provide customer support and assist with your access or use of the RipeMetrics Platform. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- Process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Facilitate your communication with retailers.
- Engage in marketing activities with you and assess marketing and promotional initiatives.
- Detect, prevent, or mitigate fraud, or any other suspicious activities.
- Conduct research and development, such as by conducting voluntary user surveys or obtaining other feedback from you.
- Create aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized data, such as for educational content such as reports or info-graphics for public consumption.
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features. We may reach out from time to time with questions for you about your experience with RipeMetrics. We may also run contests, which you may be eligible for, with free merchandise or other prizes.
- Send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How We Share Information
- Affiliated Businesses. We may share your personal information with businesses that are subsidiary to or contracted with RipeMetrics, or that may become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the RipeMetrics Platform and Affiliates’ own services (including providing you with better and more personalized experiences).
- Anonymized, De-Identified and/or Aggregated Data We share aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized information for a variety of purposes, including educational or informational purposes, and describing our services to prospective partners and other relevant third parties. Aggregated and anonymized data means that user information is combined with all PII removed, so that any individual user cannot be identified. De-identified data means we have removed any identifiers that make a user identifiable, such as their name or address. We may also share anonymized, aggregated and/or de-identified data with third parties for consulting or independent research purposes. This data provides valuable information including how users interact with RipeMetrics, our partners, available products. Lastly, this data helps us drive conversation on consumer habits, preferences, and behavior.
- Promotions and Referrals If you signed up for a promotion with another user’s referral or promotion code, we may let your referrer know that their code was redeemed. However, we do not specifically identify the user that redeemed the code.
- Third-Party Tools and Services We may share your information with third-party service providers, business partners, consultants, tools, and services to facilitate RipeMetrics operations such as compliance, marketing, communications, statistical analysis, hosting, database management, and a number of other functions. We share your information with these parties to the extent minimally necessary to perform their respective specific tasks on our behalf. We do not share your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by those parties, except as directed by you.
- Government Authority, Law Enforcement, & Safety RipeMetrics does not proactively divulge your information to any local, state, or federal authorities. All of your information is securely stored and accessible only by authorized personnel. However, we will disclose information about you to a government authority, law enforcement official, or one of our partners if we believe we are required to by law, or in order to respond to or comply with regulations or legal processes, including, but not limited to, responding to subpoenas or warrants. We may also share your information if we think doing so is necessary morally, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of RipeMetrics, our partners and their employees, our users, the public, or any particular person.
- At Your Direction. There may be instances where you direct us to share personal information on your behalf, such as for medical records, for legal or administrative proceedings, or otherwise.
Acquisition or Merger of RipeMetrics
- Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from RipeMetrics promotional emails by clicking the link provided at the bottom of the email. We will still send you transactional emails and receipts generated from your use of RipeMetrics as these are not promotional communications.
- Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving promotional text messages by texting the word “STOP” from the mobile device receiving the messages to the phone number from which you received the message. Promotional texts are SMS messages sent to you containing offers, promo codes, or deal reminders. Standard messaging rates from your cell phone carrier will apply.
- Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving promotional push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving transactional push notifications may impact your use of RipeMetrics.
- Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing geolocation information at any time through your device settings. Please note that the use of geolocation information may be necessary to access some of our services..
- Editing Account Information. You can review and edit your account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to your “Account Settings.”
Deleting Your Account
- We will store your PII as long as your account is open. If you wish to terminate, delete, suspend, or otherwise disable your Account or use of the RipeMetrics Platform, please contact us by visiting our Help Center. When we delete user accounts, we must maintain certain information, including PII, as long as necessary to comply with legal obligations, prevent fraudulent activity, or to enforce agreements. Upon your request for deletion, the PII not necessary for such tasks will be deleted from your Account in a reasonable amount of time.
Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights
- Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled once a year to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information about 2019 sharing activities). RipeMetrics complies with this law by offering our customers the right to opt-out of disclosure of the customer’s personal information. If you exercise your right to opt out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information.
- To make an opt-out request regarding your personal information, consistently exercise your opt-out choice whenever you provide PII to us, or send us a message, by contacting our Help Center. You must include this Site as the subject line, and your full name, email address, and postal address in your message. Additionally, please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.
- We may allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our Site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. RipeMetrics will provide customers, for free, the records of personal information collected in the past 12 months (including sources, commercial purposes and categories of third parties with whom it has been shared) if a customer requests disclosure or deletion.
- Our Do Not Track Policy. Our Site does not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals, but several of our service providers, who utilize these cookies or beacons on our Site, enable you to opt out of this behavioral advertising. To learn more about how to opt out of the behavioral advertising conducted by these providers, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/.
- How RipeMetrics Protects the Privacy of Children Online. RipeMetrics acknowledges and complies by the standards set forth in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). RipeMetric’s online general audience platform is not directed at children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. For information on COPPA, please see: http://www.coppa.org/.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights when applicable.
- Age Restrictions. RipeMetrics is intended for access and use by individuals who are of legal age for the services offered based on the applicable regulations of their state or other government entities (“Qualifying Age”). We do not knowingly collect PII or other information from or about anyone who is not of Qualifying Age. IF YOU ARE NOT OF QUALIFYING AGE, YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO ACCESS OR USE RIPEMETRICS, OR SEND ANY INFORMATION TO US. If we discover that we have collected PII or other information from an individual who is not of Qualifying Age, we will take the reasonably necessary steps to remove that information.
- Security. All of the information we collect is protected within our database, and we are committed to securing your information. Although we take reasonable, industry-standard precautions to protect your information, no security measures are 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the full security of your information. You are also responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails or physical mail between you and RipeMetrics at all times. When you direct RipeMetrics to share your information with third parties, please note that your privacy and security may also be affected by changes in such third party services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization, or third party.
PO Box 12467
La Jolla , California 92039
Telephone: (619) 324-8835